Vacation Bible School season is one of my favorites of the year. June and July are truly Kingdom-building months. The Leadership Luncheon is a great way to kick it off and let the ones totally sold out (like this church lady) get a jump start on what to expect and plan.
This year we will be having 2 vacation bible schools: a night time in June and a 3-day daytime in July. The night time will be Kingdom Rock published by Group Publishing. My servant leaders find it very leader friendly and it does a great job of addressing all the learning styles of students and servant leaders.
Post cards to invite everyone to the Leadership Luncheon went out 3 weeks ago to everyone who served last year, all the retired folks on our church roster, and all the families.
The Confirmation class will be setting up the room with gold table cloths, paper plates, cups, and napkins. The tables will be set with colored balloons for the table centerpieces.
Royal Bible Quiz
1. What woman’s name is translated “princess?” (Genesis 11-25)
Diana Sarah Deborah Bathsheba
2. Who was the first King of Jerusalem? (1 Samuel 10:1)
David Og Abraham Saul
3. Which is the first Queen mentioned by name in the Bible? (1 Kings 10:1)
Sarah Tahpenese Sheba Esther
4. Which King danced half-naked in public? (2 Samuel 6:16)
Solomon David Joash Hezekiah
5. What was the fate of evil Queen Jezebel? (2 Kings 9:30-37)
She was thrown off a high place Trampled by a horse
Eaten by dogs Died a natural death
All of the above None of the above
6. Which King ate grass like an animal for 7 years? (Daniel 4:25-32)
Ahab Nebuchadnezzar Ahaz Artaxerxes
7. Which King did God say was a man after His own heart? (1 Samuel 13:14, Acts 13:22,26)
Solomon Samuel David Paul
8. Which King wrote Psalm 23? (Psalm 23)
Ahaz Paul David Samuel
9. Who encouraged Queen Esther to do the right thing? (Esther 1-9)
Haman Artaxerxes Holy Spirit Mordecai
10. Nehemiah was the cup bearer to which King? (Nehemiah 1:11, 2:1)
Artaxerxes I Nebuchadnezzar Ahab Pharoah
11. Who was 8 years old when he became King, and reigned in Jerusalem 31 years and did what was right in the sight of the Lord? (2 Kings 22:1)
Ahab Hezekiah Josiah Jehoiachin
12. Who is the King of Kings and Lord of Lords? (1 Timothy 6:14-15, Revelation 17:14, 19:16)
Jesus Jesus Jesus Jesus
And we’ll give everyone a chance to make a crown to wear in June to help publicize the event.
Gotta go…on my way to Hobby Lobby and Dollar Tree for goodies!
“Trust in the Lord always, for the Lord God is the eternal Rock.” Isaiah 26:4